There are three categories of people. The non-achievers, the achievers and there are the self-motivated people. Sometimes even the achievers may fail to do something but a self motivated individual draws inspiration from failures to make success stories. A self motivated person will always have his confidence levels shooting through the roof and the world is his oyster.
Here are a few guidelines to keep your self motivation high:
- Have a thorough understanding of yourself, your strengths and weaknesses, your dreams, aspirations etc. Self awareness is the first step towards self motivation. If you are aware of your limitations your goals are realistic and motivating.
- Choose tasks which are fun because boredom is the greatest enemy of motivation.
- Remember to reward yourself for each little achievement of yours.
- Stay in the company of positive and motivated people, because attitude is contagious.
- You must learn to take everything in your stride and laugh at yourself in all situations.
- Tension, anger frustration and stress deter self motivation.
- I hate working but the thought of the dollars which come with it, keeps me motivated. Sometimes you may have to do something which is not very enjoyable. If the result of the job is fruitful enough, use it to keep yourself motivated.
- Do not reach out for the moon at one go. You will only land up falling flat on your face. Break down the larger goals into smaller and realistic steps. Each small success will lead you to larger ones and you will finally reach the moon.
- Follow a healthy diet and get enough sleep. Healthy body always houses a healthy mind and only the one with a healthy mind is self motivated.
Be an optimist because optimism is the greatest self-motivator.